Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mission Statement

Well, I am making the leap into blogging. I had a blog in the past, but grew bored with it and quit posting within a month. I hope to not repeat that with this one. I even went as far as purchasing a domain name, even though I know no html, I am learning as I go. First, a little bit about me. I am a architectual historian by profession, but an artist at heart. I have always been into the visual arts, and have fond childhood memories of creating. Whether it is beaded jewelry, paintings, or ceramics I love creating things, and that is what keeps me going. I love books, and music as well, and have extensive collections of both. I also have a deep desire for interior design and am pondering a graduate degree in the arts. I have only been knitting for about a year now, after teaching myself how from a book last winter. I am completely enthralled with the craft however, and have been devoting more and more of my free time to it. This year I hope to grow as a knitter and branch out into more complicated and diverse knitting. While this blog will heavily involve knitting, it will also represent my creativity in other areas as I am not a monogomous crafter, and knitting is not my only love. From time to time you will see other sides of my crafting persona, and I hope you will join me as I embark on this new and thrilling journey into blogging.