Saturday, May 19, 2007

Seven Things

So Laura has tagged me in the 7 things meme going around the blogosphere.

So here are my seven things:

1. I have a Geographic Tongue. My dad has one too which makes sense since it tends to run in families. I haven't met anyone else with the condition though. It's mostly bothersome as certain foods (especially acidic ones like pineapples, strawberries, and vinegar) tend to make my tongue burn, but I don't care I still eat them.

2. I'm a very visual person and love to learn new things from books. I taught myself AutoCAD from a book and now I'm the CAD Coordinator for a major architectural restoration. I also taught myself to knit from a book as I didn't have anyone to show me how. Next up, quilting and Adobe Illustrator.

3. I almost went to school to become a microbiologist but decided historic preservation was a better fit.

4. I'm a native Pittsburger and miss my hometown everyday. I still want to say "pop" when ordering soft drinks but I really dislike the looks I get from people here in "soda" country.

5. I hate wearing jewelry but I love to design and create it. I've been making jewelry since I was in elementary school, but never for myself.

6. I met my fiance on match.com as a dare freshman year in college. My roommate was already on match.com and bet me I couldn't get more dates than her. I went on one god awful date with some loser before Justin emailed me. We've been together ever since. And I lost the bet, but only because I had to forfeit. We'll be getting married sometime next year. Incidentally, I haven't talked to that roommate since I left to go home the summer between freshman and sophomore year.

7. I bought a bright pink hardhat for my job which requires us to wear hardhats when doing fieldwork, but have wussed out in ever wearing it. I'm one of only two women on the job, and I wish I had the self confidence to pull off a pink hardhat without feeling embarrassed.

So there they are my 7 things. Now is the hard part. I'm so new to this whole blogging thing I don't know many people in blogland (I'm naturally very shy, ha an eighth thing!) so I am going to virtually tag anyone who is reading this and hasn't participated in this meme yet. Do it, it's fun!



ETA: Marigold asked for pictures of the pink hardhat. Well, here you go!

Pink Hardhat

Pink Hardhat

I added the Hello Kitty sticker myself. If you are interested I purchased mine online and they come in a variety of colors. If I am not mistaken, certain trades wear certain colors ie. carpenters wear yellow hardhats. But I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that.