Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Frogged.

Monkey, why, oh why won't you get off my back? It was time. We hadn't been happy for a long time. The split was amicable. Today, the monkey sock and I have parted ways. You may ask why. Our affair had started out so well. We even made it past the heel flap and the treacherous first turning of the heel. But, alas, it was not meant to be. Here is all that remains of our short, but torrent relationship:



Midway through the lace pattern I decided I didn't like long socks. They irked me and for some reason made me feel weird. So what did I (the stupid sock knitting virgin) do, well I dropped two of the lace pattern repeats before the heel flap. (Collective *face palm*) It looked fine to me, and in my haze I didn't even bother to try it on. I, the enthusiastic knitter with ADD, just really wanted to get to the heel flap and turning of the heel. Well, over the weekend I finally tried it on... and it didn't fit, at all. I changed my mind. I decided I like my socks either long or short, no in-between. And where did the monkey fall, well of course in the in-between area. It was cankle length, and not a good look for anyone. Also, there was another problem. The cast-on. It was, oh, a wee bit tight. Like cutting off circulation tight. I was a good little knitter. I know my cast-ons are generally tight so I went up a needle size to compensate. Well, it still didn't work so I ended up frogging THE. WHOLE. THING. Oh the pain. But now it is one less WIP standing in my way of Rusted Root. Next time I try to knit socks will some please smack me upside the head if I threaten to remove pattern repeats?!